Would you like to be part of the Wynnstay Team?
Wynnstay Group plc is a leading, successful and profitable business experiencing rapid growth, employing in excess of 900 employees, and offering a wide range of career opportunities across our core business divisions.
A community-based employer, we provide a diverse mix of careers opportunities ranging from commercial sales positions to specialist and technical and operational opportunities for enthusiastic individuals who can join our existing dedicated teams and help drive the business forward.
As a Company, we strive to provide our valued customers with quality service and expert advice. In order to meet these ambitions, we promote staff development initiatives and provide access to structured training opportunities, while supporting various vocational and professional qualifications.
If you have an interest in our business, are looking for permanent or temporary employment or placement and apprenticeship opportunities, and you are keen to work for an expanding leader in the agricultural UK industry, we would welcome your application.
The rewards? Wynnstay offer a competitive and fair rewards package to include basic salary, company profit-related pay, a pension & life assurance scheme, company share incentives (after qualifying period) and career development opportunity.
On this page, you will find information on all opportunities currently available within the Group, detailing principle requisites of each role together with a useful link for submitting your application of interest online.
Location: East Midlands
- To competently and effectively trade grain, while seeking opportunities for link-selling other products that are available under the product portfolio including Fertiliser, Seeds, Ag Chem for example
- To manage contract purchases and sales ensuring accurate use of the internal I.T system and ensuring position limits are adhered to and monitored constantly
- To assist where necessary with the compliance and industry audits including environmental issues which may affect the Company, including health & safety
- To communicate with other relevant departments and divisions within the Group to ensure the continued smooth running of trading activities
- To profitably trade a range of grains throughout the geographical area
- To assist with the budget process and monitor targets that have been set
- To provide daily pricing and market information for Arable specialists
- To maintain and develop strong relationships with suppliers and end-users
- To manage forwarding/administration staff within the division to maximise the effective use of time and resources
- To liaise with the North and South Grainlink teams and Wynnstay product management and sales personnel to maximise the contribution from group trading activities
- To purchase grain from a designated farmer ledger in the geographical region
- To inspect seed production crops as required
- To prepare reports as required by your direct line manager
- To communicate all necessary trading details to administration and forwarding staff
- To ensure that credit limits are adhered to and updated where necessary
- To inform senior management of any concerns or irregularities which may jeopardise the operation of the business
To assist in maintaining the Transport maintenance policies, processes and procedures to enable the safe and efficient delivery of product from source onto farm, while ensuring compliance with a variety of regulatory bodies including DVSA and VOSA.
- To efficiently assist in the operation of the garage facilities
- To manage and undertake any new initiatives regarding the maintenance of our vehicles
- Help with promoting our Daily defect reporting system and compliance culture with any Wynnstay driver
- To ensure that our vehicles remain compliant with the various Codes of Practice in operation, e.g. DVSA guide to maintaining roadworthiness, UFAS guide for road haulage
- To ensure the compliance of the function with Vehicle Inspectorate and Health and Safety regulatory requirements
- To work with the Transport Administrators and Co-ordinators at all locations to ensure all vehicles remain roadworthy
- To take advice as necessary from identified external experts and ensure that requirements are effectively implemented across the fleet
To assist in the maintenance of compliance within activities of the Feed Division, through the implementation of quality control procedures. To assist in the compliance with legislative bodies such as UFAS and trading standards; and with environmental permits.
- To support the designated ‘Quality Controller’ to maintain the Group’s compliance with various feed assurance schemes, e.g. UFAS, by implementing the Quality Control programme and procedures.
- To assist in ensuring production activities remain compliant with all industry standards, environmental management policy and company health and safety policy.
- To ensure that all relevant quality procedures are followed and to support development of new procedures where required.
- To identify any significant non-conformances in feed produced; and trace as far as possible the reasons for non-conformance. Report findings in an appropriate timescale to Quality Control and Compliance Manager.
- Integrate and communicate with other departments, including liaising with the mill staff whilst carrying out compliance duties.
- To assist with the implementation and enforcement the Group’s health and safety policy and environmental Management Policy, within the Quality Control environment including any situations with potential environmental impact.
- To conduct specific tasks as may be delegated by the Quality Control and Compliance Manager.
- To regularly update your line Manager with any information that can affect the smooth operation of the feed production department.
- Project involvement/management as required
- To manage own time effectively, ensuring value for money in role.
Location: South Scotland/North England.
- Selling calf & lamb milk powders and calf & youngstock feeds
- Follow up leads on milk powders, calf & youngstock feeds and calf feeding equipment
- Making practical feeding recommendations
- Advice and troubleshooting on problem farms, with a view to selling the solution
- On-farm support and training reps (incl. dual calling) and store staff on milks and calf & youngstock feeds products and services
- Instruct farmers on use of calf machines and related equipment
- Raising awareness of Wynnstay with local vets, institutions and discussion groups, e.g. on farm workshops
- Contributing technical articles and advertisements to company newsletters and updating promotional material
- Use social media to promote products, services, technical support offerings and testimonials
- Regularly update your Manager of the trading situation and market conditions
- Inform senior management of any concerns or irregularities which may jeopardise the operation of the business
- Manage own time effectively, ensuring value for money in role
- AMTRA qualification would be beneficial when advising on calf health
Location: South West Region
To develop your knowledge and skills in order to professionally represent Wynnstay, while working closely with other sales, retail and specialist colleagues to effectively and profitably develop field sales activity within your designated territory.
- To grow and develop sales of Wynnstay feed and related products. On an ongoing basis, this will involve achieving or exceeding various targets relating to sales, volumes and margins as agreed with the Sales Manager.
- To win new business for Wynnstay within own designated area by identifying and seeking potential new business and new markets, while maintaining your existing customer base.
- To provide technical product support to customers within own designated area, in line with the company standards defined by the Technical Product Managers.
- To provide input into the annual budget setting process for your region, projecting sales and determining profitability.
- To market Wynnstay as a company and promote the Wynnstay brand within own designated area; generally, increase the awareness of customers/potential customers about Wynnstay.
- To build and maintain constructive relationships with other key sales channels, including the Stores, working closely with staff from Sales and other divisions within the company, to maximise returns from group trading activities.
- To roll-out marketing and product management campaigns within own designated area, liaising where necessary with the Marketing Group and Product Managers.
- Fully utilising the Sales Support function, to monitor customer and sales trends for determining key accounts and future sales strategies.
- To regularly report in an accurate and timely fashion to the Sales Manager on general activities, market opportunities, competitor activities, and so on, as required.
- To offer technical input into company sales and marketing programmes where necessary.
- To undertake any project work as directed by your manager.
- To participate in various training and development activities as agreed with your manager.
- Inform senior management of any concerns or irregularities which may, or has the potential to, jeopardise the operation of the business.
- To manage own time effectively, ensuring value for money in role.
Location: Astley, Shrewsbury
- To ensure that all incoming and outgoing customer enquiries are dealt with efficiently and effectively as necessary over the phone
- Always portraying Wynnstay Group PLC in the best possible light internally and externally
- Accurately process all orders and enquiries to the appropriate person in a timely manner
- To meet and strive to exceed personal/team qualitative and quantitative key performance indicators on all campaigns
- Maintain data stored within CRM in line with GDPR standards and identifying any data integrity issues
- Check CRM data with contacts held on an account and populate missing fields in a comprehensible manner
- Follow communication Road Maps when handling clients and prospects
- Identify customers’ needs, clarify information, research every issue, and provide solutions and/or alternatives
- Engineer and seize opportunities to upsell and link sell products and services when they arise
- Build sustainable relationships and engage customers by taking the extra mile
- Keep records of all conversations in our CRM as instructed and in a comprehensible way
- Frequently attend educational seminars to improve knowledge and performance level
Your responsibilities will include a variety of day-to-day administrative duties including assisting Product Managers by analysing various product ranges, meeting suppliers to ensure best terms and prices are maintained, identifying potential growth areas in product sectors, assist with implementing sales strategies and producing suitable reports to retain, increase and maximise sales through various selling initiatives. You will also liaise with many other areas of the business, particularly our depots.
To be considered for the role it would be an advantage (but not essential) if you have an agricultural background. You will be self-motivated, flexible in taking on a wide range of tasks and possess the confidence and organisational ability to perform effectively in a demanding, fast-paced working environment. Experience in retail would be a direct advantage. You must also be computer literate, confident in the use of excel and word, and be able to display a good level of accuracy and numeracy.
- To assist with retaining, increasing and maximising sales of products through various selling initiatives.
- To be a main point of contact for providing support and advice on these products.
- To assist the product management team in managing, monitoring and liaising with certain suppliers to ensure the best terms and prices are maintained on a regular basis.
- To assist with organising promotional activities and campaigns within your product sectors, support campaigns at stores and promote link selling.
- To identify potential growth areas in your product sectors and assist with implementing sales strategies to enhance growth by liaising with stores, and key people including the Purchasing Team, Product Specialists, Marketing Team, and Trade Managers.
- To coordinate training activities for key individuals on products you look after.
- To continuously develop your knowledge on the related product ranges.
Location: Cross Inn, Newport, Raglan or Stockton
- To retain, increase and maximise sales of agricultural products.
- The key point of contact within your given territory for support and advice on Agricultural products to both customer and colleagues.
- In line with company initiatives, to organise promotional activities and support campaigns at the depot and to include link selling.
- To identify potential growth areas in the agriculture sector and implement sales plans to enhance growth, by being aware of the local competitive landscape and liaising with Store Managers, Product Specialists, Marketing Team, Purchasing Team, Development Managers and Regional Trade Managers.
- To utilise the CRM function in conjunction with your Manager, to assist with the ongoing data collection and to increase sales activities with the customer base.
- To continuously develop your knowledge on agricultural products by attending relevant training programmes.
- To service customers and provide advice where qualified, in a friendly, courteous and professional manner and in line with customer care policies.
- To be flexible in providing cover at other local stores where required.
- To retain, increase and maximise sales of all product areas at the store through various selling activities
- To take overall responsibility for the site including its staff, stock, and performance
- To ensure existing customer base is maintained at exceptional levels of customer service, and new contacts/customers are established where possible
- To provide leadership, support and development to key individuals within the store
- To set SMART objectives for key individuals within the store in line with the Retail Performance Management system in agreement with the RTM
- To ensure your RTM is informed of any developments with the Store and its activities
- To keep your staff informed of and consulted on new and ongoing developments, using the Bulletin and other supplements including memos, Newsletter and Intranet etc
- To assist with setting, communicating and achieving the annual financial budgets at the store, including sales, margins and stock turnover
- To ensure the store is stocked adequately and presentable at all times, with seasonal stock, aligned with the Group’s Blue Print procedure
- To manage stock efficiently ensuring the best return per square foot of floor space, while coaching product specialists to be pro-active with stock replenishment, obsolete products, and managing inter-store transfers and stock records on the system
- To ensure stock is managed and controlled to the highest standard, ensuring Smartscan procedures are completed accurately, efficiently and timely
- To implement and participate with promotional campaigns for the retail, agricultural, and other relevant market segments, and to explore new market segments, following an agreement with your Manager
- To liaise with the Marketing Department in running individual store marketing campaigns and open days
- To liaise with key people within the division i.e. product specialists, regional business managers, marketing team, purchasing team and development managers, and maintain good working relationships within the wider Group inc. Transport and Sales Representatives etc
- To co-ordinate compliance with Health and Safety requirements and various transport regulations, in conjunction with the Transport Manager.
- To ensure all vehicles kept on the premises are maintained and serviced as required and kept legally roadworthy, and all documentation is efficiently dealt with and adhered to
- To be responsible for Health & Safety on-site, including fire safety, site security, staff welfare, accident reporting and First Aid. To understand and comply with the requirements of BASIS, FIAS, British Pharmaceutical Society, trading standards, AHDA, FACTS, etc where applicable
Location: Helston, Tanygroes or Tregaron
Positions in Helston & Tanygroes are part-time, position in Tregaron is full time.
To assist in the smooth running of the store, maximising sales through excellence in customer service.
- To service customers and provide advice, in a friendly, courteous and professional manner
- To efficiently complete the processing of cash and credit transactions
- To stock shelves, carry out stock rotation exercises, and assist in merchandising as required
- To assist with accurate and timely stocktaking
- To act as a key contact in coordinating orders taken by Sales Specialists
- To support and coordinate all administrative duties within the store
- To support the success of all promotional campaigns and maintain visual impact at all times
- To utilise the CRM function, to increase sales activities at customer level, and to assist with the ongoing data collection and analysing of product sales by customer
- To continuously develop your knowledge on agricultural products by attending relevant training programmes
- To perform various warehouse duties, to include receiving & stacking goods, order picking, dealing with related paperwork, and serving customers with bulky items & assisting safely with loading them into customer vehicles
- Additionally, to professionally, effectively and safely conduct a range of loading, unloading, and storage-related activities as agreed with your manager
- To be flexible in providing cover at other stores where required
Location: Helston, Kendal, Llangadog or Ruthin
Positions in Llandeilo is part-time, positions in Helston, Kendal, Llangadog and Ruthin are full time.
- To service customers and provide advice where qualified, in a friendly, courteous and professional manner
- To perform various warehouse duties, including receiving goods in, dealing with relative paperwork, order picking and providing good customer service whilst loading products into vehicles.
- To operate a forklift while ensuring adherence to all safety standards
- To stock shelves, carry out stock rotation exercises, and assist in merchandising as required
- To assist with accurate and timely stocktaking
- To efficiently complete the processing of cash and credit transactions as and when required
- To work as a team player providing general support to colleagues on product knowledge and stock-related matters.
- To support the success of all promotional campaigns
- To oversee the maintenance and cleanliness of Depot yard and whole site appearance.
- To be flexible in providing cover at other Depots where required
Location: West Midlands, Wales and Border Regions
- To sell agrochemicals, combinable crop seed, forage seed, fertiliser etc. Purchase grain. Achieve or exceed predetermined targets relating to sales, volumes and margins as agreed with your manager
- Develop and generate arable business for Wynnstay from new and existing customer contacts and identify leads or opportunities through calling campaigns and networking
- To offer practical and strategic advice to customers on all aspects of crop protection, fertiliser planning, variety selection, and grain procurement, liaising with all relevant Product Managers
- Fully utilise the sales support and CRM functions, to monitor customer and sales trends, to determine key accounts and identify future sales opportunities
- Participate in targeting customer calling campaigns as required, in line with seasonal trends and product offers
- Record enterprise/decision-making data on Wynnstay customers or new leads to identify sales opportunities using CRM or any other system method employed by Wynnstay
- To build and maintain constructive relationships through providing arable specialist support and build on existing arable sales with other sales personnel, passing on any prospects or leads relevant to product group areas not supported by arable to maximise returns of Group trading activities a whole
- To liaise with regional Wynnstay Retail Stores to maximise lead and sales opportunities
- Market Wynnstay as a company and promote the brand to increase the awareness of customers/potential customers
- To roll-out marketing and product management campaigns as necessary, liaising where necessary with PR agencies the marketing department and Product Managers
Focusing on assessing our operational capabilities the successful candidate will have a superior understanding of the opportunities and risks facing our business in the current environment, to facilitate improvement and alignment of the capability to our corporate strategy, agreed efficiencies and continuous improvement protocols.
Responsible for the implementation of business measures, new guidelines or strategies, working jointly and effectively with department heads, site operation teams, and senior business managers, you will develop and review company and department key performance indicators to measure success. Demonstrating optimisation of the business assets and improved performance metrics in terms of quality efficient production, cost, and volume, this role will ensure we continue to operate to the highest standards of compliance and health and safety.
There will be a regular need to work remotely and at other Wynnstay sites.
Your strong stakeholder engagement and interpersonal skills will offer an ethical and transparent approach to working practice, you will be experienced in managing multi-site mechanical and electrical engineering, continuous improvement, and budgetary needs, whilst maintaining efficient and effective processing and supply of manufactured products in line with agreed quality control, environmental and business unit service policies.
A strong driven leader you will be able to operate effectively across all production disciplines. You will promote excellence in service and operational performance ensuring that the financial and non-financial goals are achieved, regularly undertaking financial reviews, driving continuous improvement in customer service and operating standards with the active use of a suite of relevant KPIs.
It is preferred that you hold a degree level qualification in engineering or management or in a similar discipline. As a successful senior manager, you will be experienced in supply chain process re-engineering, leading change management, and possess exceptional communication skills.
A competitive senior management salary package including, expensed company vehicle, pension contributions and life assurance scheme, and private medical insurance.
The closing date is the 31st May 2021.
Location: Astley (Shrewsbury)
To assist the Warehouse Senior Management team by accurately, efficiently and safely performing varied general warehouse duties, to include picking orders for distribution to Wynnstay outlets and safe loading /unloading of vehicles.
- To accurately pick all orders for supply to retail shops
- To load and unload delivery vehicles safely and efficiently
- To put away all incoming goods in an organised fashion
- To report to any anomalies in stocks, i.e. damaged and out of date products, or low level of goods
- To operate a forklift as required taking care to adhere to all necessary safety standards
- To maintain good housekeeping in the warehouse and keep it clean and tidy always, maintaining a safe working environment
- To participate in any duties as may be necessary in the interests of health and safety, including COSHH compliance, Spillage clean-up, and safe manual handling. In all cases, comply with health & safety instructions and wear any Personal Protective Equipment deemed necessary
- To service any warehouse customers in a friendly, courteous and professional manner
- To play a key role in stocktaking activities
- To be able to conduct a manual handling role
- To possess a Counterbalance Forklift licence, or similar, or be prepared to undergo training
- To be self-motivated and can work from own initiative
- Can demonstrate strong accuracy levels
- Is flexible in approach to working hours
Location: Craven Arms
Purpose of Job
The post holder will develop and maximise the financial contribution of Agricultural products within the Depot, advising and support customers and key members of the Specialist Agricultural Merchanting Division with any Agricultural product related queries. The post holder will build and develop customer relationships with both new and existing customers. Working closely with field sales specialists to deliver first-class advice to the customer. The post holder will be able to demonstrate new ways to gain coverage in and around the local communities.
- To retain, increase and maximise sales of agricultural products through various selling initiatives. Working closely with field sales specialists to deliver first-class advice to the customer and gain local coverage.
- Generate and build leads to maximise opportunities for store, capitalising and promoting available products. By means of telephones sales activities and seasonal sales campaigns.
- Act as a key point of contact within your given territory for support and advice on Retail Agricultural products at both Depot and customer level.
- As required by your Manager, organise promotional activities and campaigns within the agricultural sector, and support campaigns at other Depots and promote link selling and monitor success.
- To identify potential growth areas in the agriculture sector and implement sales strategies to enhance growth by liaising with other sites, including local markets, and key people including Depot Managers, Product Specialists, Marketing Team, Purchasing Team, Development Managers and Regional Business Managers.
- In conjunction with your Manager, to utilise the marketing and CRM function, to increase sales activities at customer level, and to assist with the ongoing data collection and analysing of product sales by customer.
To continuously develop your knowledge on agricultural products by attending relevant training programmes; online, events, in store or as required.
- Provide quality service to customers along with advice where qualified, in a friendly, courteous, and professional manner and in line with customer care policies.
- Be able to generate leads for the store, capitalising on new and existing opportunities through knowledge and experience to better serve and promote the business within the local and surrounding communities.
- To be flexible in providing cover at other local Depots where required.
- Responsible for replenishment of agricultural stock within the store, including the ability to carry out store duties to support the delivery of service to customers.
- Identify opportunities for development within the store and local customer base.
To develop and maximise the financial contribution of gun room equipment and associated products within your area. To advise and support customers and staff with any shooting-related queries.
- Responsible for ensuring smooth Gunroom operations and processed and including its staff, stock, security, compliance, ensuring performance while maintaining and maximising sales
- Responsible for retaining, increasing and maximising sales of shooting related products through various selling initiatives.
- To be the main point of contact for providing support and advice on shooting and gun room equipment at both store and customer level.
- To assist the product management team in managing, monitoring and liaising with certain suppliers to ensure the best terms and prices are maintained on a regular basis
- Responsible for organising promotional activities and campaigns within the shooting sector, and support campaigns at other stores and promote link selling.
- To identify potential growth areas in the shooting sector and assist with implementing sales strategies to enhance growth by liaising with other sites, and key people including Product Specialists, Marketing Team, Purchasing Team, Development Managers and Regional Business Managers.
- To utilise the CRM function, to increase awareness of sales activities at the customer level, and to assist with the ongoing data collection and analysing of products.
- To continuously develop your knowledge on shooting related products.
- To serve customers and provide advice where qualified, in a friendly, courteous and professional manner.
- To be flexible in providing cover at other stores where required.
To co-ordinate, monitor, review and administer Transport activities and compliance standards while developing your skills and knowledge to provide support to your manager and the wider Transport team.
- To be responsible for inputting, invoicing, and collating all driver delivery documentation, raising any queries with the Transport Coordinators and/or line Manager.
- To arrange for driver digital tachograph cards and vehicles to be downloaded on a weekly basis.
- Updating the database for vehicles activities weekly.
- Coordinating and monitoring distribution activities.
- Liaise with customers daily to ensure an outstanding service standard.
- Act as a point of contact for drivers and the Transport function daily.
- Liaise with your Manager to ensure all vehicles are kept legally roadworthy.
- To flexibly provide general assistance on-site at peak times to ensure efficient business activity.
- To coordinate compliance with Transport regulations, in conjunction with your Line Manager to include filing and database inputting.
- Provision of general office support when required including assisting the wider Transport and Customer Services teams and making deliveries/pick-ups to/from other Company sites or suppliers as directed by your manager.